A home with no borders, impacting lives to create powerful communities.
HYASA Center originally was named HYASA Cultural Center when it founded in 2000 by Dr. Artin Sagherian, MD, Ph.D. He established the center to promote the cultural enrichment of the diverse community in greater Los Angeles and California.
To empower our community—Immigrants alongside individuals and families of all backgrounds and facts of lives—through education, access to critical services and advocacy, working together in creation of a just and inclusive society.
- Promote education and wellness for families and individuals
- Foster a spirit of service and inclusion
- Maintain strong community presence and partnerships
- Advocate for social change to advance our mission
- Promote and provide health and wellbeing of the underserved and uninsured individuals.
- Advocate for the rights of new arrivals in the U.S.A., and offer legal advice
- and representation at the court system and public agencies.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, Access & Inclusion
HYASA believes in the significance of diversity, equity, access and inclusion. We stand in solidarity with those fighting against injustice. Our mission is to empower our community — immigrants, individuals and families of all backgrounds.
“All backgrounds” represents our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, ability and experience. We’re committed to working to unify our communities behind a shared goal of justice and equity.